Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Just How Far Have Christians Strayed From The Bible













In my home state of Indiana, a little boy sings a song about who will and will not make it to heaven and people cheer.

The Bible says that there is rejoicing in the presence of the angles over one sinner that repents...not over people going to hell.  How did we stray so far away from God's will, God's commands, and God's love?

At the Independent Fundamental Baptist Church in which I grew up, I have heard sermon after sermon on how homosexuality is the last step before God gives up on a nation.  Once I heard one of the street preachers of our church say, "My name is .....  and all homosexuals are going to hell..."

We have Westboro Baptist Church with the signs that say, "God hates Fags..."  Other Baptist Churches disown them only because they say that the only soldier that God loves is a dead soldier.


My wife and I tried to put our son in the local Baptist Church School and they refused to allow him to attend.  They sent us a letter saying that "we have nothing to offer your son...".  I now believe that.  However, at the time I cried.  I sent them a letter saying, what about telling and teaching him of Jesus?  I never got a reply.  I even called and the Pastor refused to speak with me.











Where does all this judgement and hate come from? Let us examine the life of Christ. Christian means Christ like. The Bible says, "God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved" John 3:17 KJV
The ruling religious people of the time hated Jesus so much that they killed him. What did they hate about Him?

     1. He ate with Publicans and sinners
      2. He healed the sick
     3. He raised the dead
     4. He spoke with  Samaritans (The Woman at the Well)

Today's Christians would not pass the "love your neighbor as yourself...". Today's Christians would probably put Jesus to death for hanging out with sinners. Jesus would probably go into bars to tell the people in there of His love. He would go and have dinner with mobsters and murders to let them know that the Son of Man has come to seek and to save the lost....and Christians today would not be able to accept that. They would have to judge the Almighty as being "worldly" as did the Pharisees of old. Just how far have Christians today strayed from what Christ's message is? "For God so loved the world....that whosoever...." John 3:16 KJV

 "For the Son of Man is come to seek and to save that which is lost..." How much have Christians become like the Pharisees? (...I thank God that I am not like this man...)  They have strayed from Jesus.....Very very Much.








 

All I am asking is that before passing this type of hate and judgement, you ask yourself, what would Jesus have me say to this person.  What would Jesus want me to tell this person?

How much have you actually studied at what the Bible REALLY says about homosexuality?  





No comments:

Post a Comment