Monday, January 17, 2011

MAIL ORDER BRIDES/Legal Human Trafficking

Did you know that you can purchase a wife online. You can go online, pick out a bride and have her sent on over. These people will help you with all of the immigration papers and charge you enormous fees, but as a male United States citizen, you can end up with a new bride who is willing to do whatever you say because you have bought her and have brought her and she can become an American citizen. This is legal in the United States. The marriages are a fraud, but no one really gets up in arms about it because it is between a man and a woman. Just look up "Mail Order Bride" on the internet on any search engine and see the hundreds of sites complete with pictures, countries and ages. I went to one of the sites and believe me it was obvious what they were peddling.


Someone please tell me how this practice became legal. Purchasing human beings to use them for sex, cleaning, cooking and companionship. Sounds like slavery.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, why are not organizations like NOM protesting Mail Order Brides? Why isn't this in being fought in Congress by good Christian groups? This is reprehensible.

Here I am, an American citizen. I have met the person whom I want to be with for the rest of my life. This person feels the same about me. She is from a foreign country. I have no legal avenue to have her immigrate to the United States of America. Why? Because we are both women. I am a productive member of society, I have been at my job for twenty years, I own my own house, I pay taxes and I am a voter. I have never bought a human being. But I cannot do anything to get the love of my life to be able to immigrate to the United States legally. Does this make sense?

So what Congress is saying is that it is OK to buy a bride as long as it is a heterosexual relationship even though it is equal to human trafficking. However, if a homosexual is truly in love with a foreigner, that is unacceptable.

Does anyone else see how horribly wrong this is. Two people who are actually in love cannot be together but a person buying another person can immigrate legally. This is so appalling.

We need to pass the Uniting American Families Act so that United States Citizens can be with the person with whom they have fallen in love regardless if they are of the same sex.

I do not believe that I am over reacting here. The buying and selling of human beings should be outlawed. These people have more rights, more freedoms than I do because I want to be with my partner who happens to be of the same sex. I am beside myself with frustration. How can people even think that it is fine and good to protest me? How do people think that they have the right to keep us apart? Why in the world? This is wrong.

PASS THE UNITING AMERICAN FAMILIES ACT. We deserve better treatment and a lot more respect for who we are and the honest love that we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment