Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Favorite Sin of the Conservatives

Let me start by saying I do not believe that a monogamous same sex relationship is a sin.  I need to go to those who think that it is a sin...I need to go on their mental level to speak to their hearts and minds.  Let me also state that there are few people that are more conservative than I am.  I just happen to believe that God is a just God and does not condemn us for this.

I have gone to Bible school and my knowledge of the Bible is immense.  From fifth grade to third year of college, I studied the Word of God.  I know what the Bible says, and I know that the Bible never condemns a monogamous same sex relationship.   I have a question for those who say that homosexuality is a sin and therefore homosexuals should not have equal rights.  Why is this "sin" so special?  Why don't you say those who commit adultery also cannot sponsor their spouse.  Here's a great one:  Those who take the name of the Lord in vain must be deported.  It is the second commandment and the Bible states, "the Lord will not hold him guiltless..." for those that take the Lord's name in vain.  Most of the people making the claims that it is an "abomination" have no clue as to where the Bible says that.  When anyone mentions Sodom and Gomorrah I immediatly dismiss them as someone who really has no clue as to what the Holy Scriptures have to say about homosexuality.  Someone who just parrots what someone else has told them is really not a knowledgeable on the subject.  So why this "sin"?  Why is this the one that they have chosen? 

Am I allowed to quote myself on my own blog?

They say that they have family values and that is why they are against the Uniting American Families Act. 
When they speak of family values, what do they mean?  We go to church every Sunday.  Our children are in boy scouts, they make good grades, they go to AWANA,   We volunteer at the local food pantry.  I work in health care and have received recognition for the work that I do.  I have taught in schools about lung health and I love the work I do.  Our children are taught to be good citizens and to respect authority.  We teach them love of God and country.  If these are not family values, what are they?  Because my sweetheart and I are of the same sex does that mean I cannot have family values?  I think not. 

If anyone can tell me why they have chosen homosexuality as the "sin" to be against and not other sins, please let me know.  Please make it concise, polite and an educated response. 

No comments:

Post a Comment