Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I Have Family Values ... oh...and I'm Gay!

Why do people think that folks who are gay have no family values?  Truth be told, I have tons of family values.  We have a very close family beginning with the matriarch of our family, my Mother.  We do not allow drinking, swearing or smoking in our household.  We pray before each meal, and go to church every Sunday.  We volunteer at the local Food Pantry and for various activities around town.  We teach our two sons (which we had together by sperm donor ... who is involved in the boys life as an "uncle") to respect authority, to not talk back, to respect God and love their country.  Our boys are in boy scouts and they go to AWANA every week.

My Sweetheart and I have been together for 12 years now and not once have I ever cheated on her.  This is something not many hetro folks can say.  I believe that we should never disagree in front of the children and that if there is a disagreement, we talk about it and present a united front to the children.  They know that if one of us says "no" the other will also.  We teach our children to obey.  We teach them the dangerous stranger may not be a stranger.  We teach them good touch and bad touch and that their body is their own and no one is allowed to touch them.  We teach them to memorize the Holy Scriptures as David says, "Thy Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against Thee."

We teach our boys Creation and not evolution.  We tell them to respect their teachers at school and if they get in trouble at school, they are in trouble at home.  We teach them to do their best at whatever they do because what they put into life, they will get back, each man pays the price someday. 

We teach them that it is not the color of their skin that is important but what is in the heart.  We teach them that the greatest power is love. 

Now then, if any Conservative can actually tell me that I do not have family values, I would like to speak with them personally.  I am Conservative,I am a Mother of two boys, I have high values, oh....and did I mention, ..... I'm a lesbian!!

No comments:

Post a Comment