Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Last Night - Video

This is a video made by Inger and Philippa on their last night together before Philippa had to return to the United Kingdom. The sound is rough because they had a fan running in the background and sound perfection was not what was on their mind I assure you. I have shared their story twice in two different stories on this blog because these two ladies inspire me with their love, faith, courage, and their tenacity to get things changed.

A Love Story

I Am My Beloved's and My Beloved is Mine

Under the video is the transcript of what Inger is saying. I hope you will take the time to watch the video and try the understand the pain they are going through as they speak from the heart.


Inger speaking:

Hi everyone, this is Inger and Philippa here, and we said we'd make a video and so we are. It is the last full night we will spend together for god knows how long and I for one am not coping. I don't want this. I need everybody out there to realize that this is wrong. You all need to vote, talk to your congress people, your senators. I'm not going to give you a sermon, but it is so hard to know, that...uh...the life we share together is on the whim of a government that doesn't even know we exist.

Philippa had difficulty coming in through immigration and the U. S. border control, she was interviewed twice and got her documents taken off her which means that after waiting six and one half months the likelihood of her coming in in the next year seems pretty slim, unless there are some changes made.

We've had a good three weeks, it's been really wistful, but we've had some great times, a lot of smiles but now we are down to the wire she's going to leave tomorrow evening and my heart's breaking. I don't want to keep doing this.... but I will. I'll wait as long as I have to to be with my family. But...for those of you who are with the ones you love...treasure every minute you have. And for those of you in our same situation, contact me. We have to figure out a way to change things...this can't keep happening.

If you are in a bi-national couple, it's worth it. It's hard, God I know it's hard, living on phone calls and living on web cam and living on letters and packages, planning the occasional trip, it's difficult, but it beats a half life of living alone or settling for something other than true love. That's my sermon.

Hi Jo! I was promised..I promised that, uh, I'd say that.

(to Philippa) Anything you wanna say? Talk to the nice people (Philippa shakes her head no and continues crying) (Inger cont) We love all of you and we are so grateful for your support, and uh, we'd be in much worse shape if we didn't have....(turning to Philippa) I love you so much...(Philippa replies, "I love you") (facing forward) and I don't ever want to be without her. (crying)

We need to change the world and we can't do it alone, I can't do it alone, but I'm going to do everything I can. And if any of you know how to contact the people at Logos and get them interested so we can get the word out contact me on face book, on email, I'll give you my phone number, I don't care...SOMEBODY has to make a big deal out of this...people have to know!

I spent two days at Pride talking to hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people and ... I would say seventy- five percent of them had no idea, and there were a few bi-national couples who I met who were either they couldn't make it, they couldn't last because it's so hard...or...they've gone the other way and are just flying under the wire and I don't want to do either of those things. I want to do it right. I want to have this woman by my side, show the world that I love her...(dog whining in background) And our pug (turning away) (laughs) wants you to know that he loves his mommy and he wants her to stay with us (Oscar the pug barks in agreement) and it's just not right. (Oscar continues to whine and Philippa and Inger turn away and back again and laugh) (Inger sniffling)

We haven't been moping the whole time but this is to be expected and so we are doing this tonight because I will be moderately hysterical tomorrow (fake smile) and uh...(dog barking) not be able to explain what I'm feeling. It's this tight wad of anger and sadness that I'm feeling .... (breathes big sigh) I don't know what to do...so...anyone out there who can figure it out and help me out ...help us out...I'd truly appreciate it. (turning to Philippa) I get it all? (Philippa nods) (turns back to the cam) We love all of you ...and we're glad to have you in our lives (crying) I don't know what to tell you but thank you for everything (shakes head) we're gonna ask for more so you might as well help us so we'll shut up. (voice breaking) Take care, all of you. Night. (cries and can't continue)


No comments:

Post a Comment