Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Irony of NOM's Values Bus and the Marriage Defense

When NOM says people are marching in defense of marriage. I tell them, "Go ahead, I am for marriage...marriage for all who desire to get married."

When NOM talks about their family values bus, I say that is great, because American families need values. I am for teaching values.

What I don't like is the assumption that because I am a lesbian, I do not have values and I am against marriage.

I could go into all of the dead beat dad Christians, the Craig List Gay Sex Republicans and the low life pedophile Priests, but I will not. What I will say is this: How dare they make this assumption: heterosexuals have values and homosexuals do not. That is a lie.

Now I cannot speak for all people desiring to be married, but I can say that all a lot of us want is the right to be married, to be able to sponsor our partners, spouses, fiancee for a green card. We want to be able to live our lives and just be... just be free .... like any other couple in the United States of America..... Just be.

Pass the Respect for Marriage Act...Pass the Uniting American Families Act so American can be with "liberty and justice for all".

Maybe the lesbian and gay people should join the crowd at the values bus just to let NOM know, that we, too, have values and are for marriage...marriage equality for all. .... or not. We wouldn't want to feed into the homophobic lies that support the hate crimes and the bullying against our youth or add to the already inflated numbers that NOM puts out...but that is a subject for another blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment