Friday, August 5, 2011

The Nuclear Family

I was told by a Congressman that he was not for the Uniting American Families Act because "sure. It is right to allow nuclear families to immigrate (mom, dad, kids), but chain migration has put a strain on the system. Also, the federal gov't, IMHO, correctly, does not recognize gay marriage for purposes of "nuclear" family requirement."

I guess because I have a wife and children, I do not meet the nuclear requirements by the Federal government because I am a woman. They would rather cruelly tell me that I don't have the right to live with my wife and kids. That I do not have the right to sponsor the love of my life for immigration because I am a woman and she is a woman. Do they not realize how inhuman and cruel that really is.

If their underlying reason is religion, I have covered that more than adequately throughout my whole blog. I disagree with how you live, so you can't live. I don't understand how someone can be so horribly cruel. Do we not deserve to love and to live with our families? Do we not deserve to be happy, too. I am a lesbian, I am a Christian, I am a mother of two boys, I am a wife. I am an American. Please let me have the right to live with the rights that all American families deserve.

The Encyclopædia Britannica

nuclear family, also called elementary family, in sociology and anthropology, a group of people who are united by ties of partnership and parenthood and consisting of a pair of adults and their socially recognized children. Typically, but not always, the adults in a nuclear family are married. Although such couples are most often a man and a woman, the definition of the nuclear family has expanded with the advent of same-sex marriage. Children in a nuclear family may be the couple’s biological or adopted offspring.

Thus defined, the nuclear family was once widely held to be the most basic and universal form of social organization. Anthropological research, however, has illuminated so much variability of this form that it is safer to assume that what is universal is a “nuclear family complex” in which the roles of husband, wife, mother, father, son, daughter, brother, and sister are embodied by people whose biological relationships do not necessarily conform to the Western definitions of these terms. In matrilineal societies, for example, a child may be the responsibility not of his biological genitor but of his mother’s brother, who fulfills the roles typical of Western fatherhood.

If you would so torture people by keeping apart spouses from spouses, mothers from their children, fathers from their children, because we are homosexual, your indifference defines you and your cruelty rivals that of the Nazis who separated families without a second thought because they were beneath the dignity of the Aryan race.

No comments:

Post a Comment